Car Causes Fire from Driving Off with Gas Pump
According to BigCountryHomePage, a driver in Austin left a gas nozzle in the car tank and drove off, causing a fire. The Austin Fire Department said that the driver drove off, pulling the pump over, dragging it, and the friction caused the fire in the pump. No one was hurt and the attendant at the Exxon station acted quickly and hit the emergency shut off button. This kept the fire to only one pump. Fire crews were called to the scene around 6 p.m. and were able to put out the residual fire from gas that had pumped out of the ground. The Fire Department said the pump was the only damage and an estimate has not been made yet.
So much damage can be done with fire. Thankfully, the damage was limited. This could have been so much worse than what it was. With all of the gas, this could have very easily hurt all the people around, including the quick acting attendant. However, this is not the only way that people have done careless things that might result in an injury while driving their car. People have been known to hit gas stations workers as they go about changing the trash at the pumps. Drivers have also been known to run right into the actual building because they weren’t paying enough attention.
On the Jоb Aссіdеnt Stаtіѕtісѕ
The following іnfоrmаtіоn іѕ рrоvіdеd bу (OSHA):
- On аvеrаgе, mоrе thаn 92 workers аrе kіllеd every wееk, оr 13 dеаthѕ реr dау.
- Worker dеаthѕ іn America аrе down оn аvеrаgе, from аbоut 39 wоrkеr dеаthѕ per day іn 1970 tо 13 a dау іn 2014.
- 4,821 wоrkеrѕ died on the jоb іn 2014.
- Onе іn five worker dеаthѕ іn 2014 wеrе іn the соnѕtruсtіоn іnduѕtrу.
- Fаtаl falls accounted fоr 359 соnѕtruсtіоn worker fаtаlіtіеѕ in 2014. The “Fаtаl Four” lеаdіng causes of рrіvаtе sector wоrkеr dеаthѕ аrе:
- Fаllѕ – 359 оut оf 899 tоtаl dеаthѕ іn соnѕtruсtіоn in 2014 (39.9%)
- Elесtrосutіоnѕ – 74 (8.2%)
- Struсk bу Object – 73 (8.1%)
- Cаught-іn/bеtwееn – 39 (4.3%)
San Antonio Work-Related Injuries
This shows that accidents can happen to anyone anywhere, even when the employee does nothing wrong. If you or someone you know has been hurt while at work, whether it is in a great gas explosion or something less explosive like a slip or getting struck by an object, you might need an attorney in your corner. Give us a call and set up an appointment today. You can talk to a team member about your accident free of charge.