Police Officer Involved in Car Accident
According to Click2Houston, a Houston police officer was hit by a car and knocked 16 feet. Investigators say that two officers were pulled over on a ramp to investigate a single vehicle crash around 2 a.m. A suspected drunk driver came toward the officers, hitting at least one. The hit officer fell 16 feet off the ramp. The second officer jumped to avoid being hit. Witnesses say that either the officer was hanging on the side before jumping to help his partner either that or he just jumped the ramp to help. Both men were taken to the hospital where they were treated and release. Police say the driver came at the men at about 35 miles per hour.
Police and Drivers
I can’t imagine how terrifying all the jobs police have. They carry guns on their belts and that alone says that they have a crazy and dangerous job. My job requires I carry a pencil. They bravely walk up to cars that are on the side of the road, never sure what they might find. However, one of the benefits of going to a wreck site is knowing that the danger has already happened. Sadly, that was not the case here.
On the Jоb Aссіdеnt Stаtіѕtісѕ
The following іnfоrmаtіоn іѕ рrоvіdеd bу (OSHA):
- On аvеrаgе, mоrе thаn 92 workers аrе kіllеd every wееk, оr 13 dеаthѕ реr dау.
- Worker dеаthѕ іn America аrе down оn аvеrаgе, from аbоut 39 wоrkеr dеаthѕ per day іn 1970 tо 13 a dау іn 2014.
- 4,821 wоrkеrѕ died on the jоb іn 2014.
- Onе іn five worker dеаthѕ іn 2014 wеrе іn the соnѕtruсtіоn іnduѕtrу.
- Fаtаl falls accounted fоr 359 соnѕtruсtіоn worker fаtаlіtіеѕ in 2014. The “Fаtаl Four” lеаdіng causes of рrіvаtе sector wоrkеr dеаthѕ аrе:
- Fаllѕ – 359 оut оf 899 tоtаl dеаthѕ іn соnѕtruсtіоn in 2014 (39.9%)
- Elесtrосutіоnѕ – 74 (8.2%)
- Struсk bу Object – 73 (8.1%)
- Cаught-іn/bеtwееn – 39 (4.3%)
San Antonio Work-Related Injury Attorneys
Not everyone has a job that is dangerous enough to require them to carry a gun. However, police aren’t the only ones who are hurt on the job. Anyone call fall or get caught by fallen file cabinets. When this happens, sometimes you can get right back to work like these officers, and sometimes you have to spend a long time recovering. Recovering takes one away from work and causes medical bills to add up. This is a good time to seek the help of an attorney. If you are in the San Antonio area and missing work due to an injury caused by work, call us for a free consultation.