Public Park Destroyed Overnight
Car Tore Down Park
Police in Corpus Christi, Texas, are investigating the vandalism of a city park, reported by Corpus Christi News. It appears that someone drove through the park with an automobile, destroying benches, fences, and trees. The incident occurred at the park located on Shoreline Blvd, sometime on the night of May 25, 2017. At this point, park employees and investigators do not have any leads as to what happened exactly, or who is responsible. Police are asking anyone with information to come forward, please.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
San Antonio Property Damage Lawyers
Youthful fun is often very destructive, and costly. Many people who play pranks such as these are not thinking of the damage they are actually doing. Yet, in the wake of damages like these is a financial loss that can set many folks back. People who cause property damage like this, purely as a prank, must be held responsible for their immature decisions. It is not fair to the property owner to deal with property damage that was completely out of their control. If you have suffered damage to your property, then call our offices today. Perhaps we can help teach these destructive members of our society that it is not ok to destroy other people’s property in which they worked hard to obtain.