North Side Woman’s Sudden Death Under Investigation
Police Investigating Sudden Death of North Side Woman
Police are investigating the sudden death of a 22-year-old woman who was claimed to have simply passed out after drinking and arguing one night with another man.
Aletta Marie Holloway was declared dead at about 2 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14th, in the 11300 block of Belair Drive after police had been called to respond to the scene of the incident.
A man said he and Holloway had decided to go out on the town for some drinks, and then later returned home after having an argument over some relationship issues. He claimed that Holloway just passed out after they had returned home. Police said in a report that after she had passed out, the man called a relative before contacting the police and then the relative called the authorities.
No other details were given at the time and the investigation remains open.
This story is tragic in regards to the sudden loss of life of the 22-year-old woman. Too many people have a sudden death that is unexpected and it can leave a family wondering what to do. If the decedent was the sole source of income for a family, the tragedy can become even harder for the surviving members. Loved ones can be lost suddenly in car wrecks, workplace accidents, violent crimes, or instances of medical malpractice and a family may be wondering what their options are.
Violent Crime Statistics
The FBI released the following statistic about violent crimes in the United States:
- Crіmе іn the Unіtеd Stаtеѕ during 2015 rеvеаlѕ a 3.9 реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе іn the еѕtіmаtеd numbеr of vіоlеnt сrіmеѕ аnd a 2.6 реrсеnt decrease in the еѕtіmаtеd numbеr оf рrореrtу сrіmеѕ last уеаr, whеn соmраrеd tо 2014 dаtа.
- Aссоrdіng to thе report, thеrе were аn еѕtіmаtеd 1,197,704 violent сrіmеѕ соmmіttеd аrоund the nation.
- Whіlе thаt wаѕ an increase frоm 2014 fіgurеѕ, thе 2015 violent crime tоtаl was 0.7 percent lоwеr than the 2011 lеvеl аnd 16.5 percent bеlоw the 2006 lеvеl.
- The еѕtіmаtеd number оf murders іn the nаtіоn wаѕ 15,696.
- Durіng thе year, thеrе wеrе an еѕtіmаtеd 90,185 rареѕ.
If you feel that the death of your loved one has some suspicious circumstances surrounding the event, you may want to contact an experienced wrongful death attorney. Talking to a professional who understands the state and federal laws may help with peace of mind when dealing with the sudden death of a beloved family member. If you have any questions regarding such a loss, contact us.