Update: North Side Woman’s Sudden Death Ruled a Homicide
Police Investigate the Sudden Death of North Side Woman
March 19, 2017, Police are investigating the sudden death of a 22-year-old woman.
“Allie Marie” Holloway was declared deceased at about 2 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14th, in the 11300 block of Belair Drive after police had been called in to respond to the scene of the incident.
Orlando Valdez said he and Holloway decided to go out on the town for some drinks, and then later returned home after having an argument over relationship issues. He claimed that Holloway just passed out after they had returned home. Police said in a report that after she had passed out, the man called a relative before contacting the police and then the relative called the authorities.
No other details were given at the time and the investigation remains open.
Update: June 21, 2017
As reported by mysanantonio.com, on April 24, 2017, the Bexar County Medical Examiner ruled Ms. Holloway’s tragic death a homicide due to strangulation with significant blunt force trauma.
The victim’s mother, Aletta Holloway, suspected foul play from the beginning. It is suspected that Allie Marie Holloway was strangled by her then boyfriend, Orlando Valdez.
Violent Crime Statistics
The FBI released the following statistic about violent crimes in the United States:
- Crіmе іn the Unіtеd Stаtеѕ during 2015 rеvеаlѕ a 3.9 реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе іn the еѕtіmаtеd numbеr of vіоlеnt сrіmеѕ аnd a 2.6 реrсеnt decrease in the еѕtіmаtеd numbеr оf рrореrtу сrіmеѕ last уеаr, whеn соmраrеd tо 2014 dаtа.
- Aссоrdіng to thе report, thеrе were аn еѕtіmаtеd 1,197,704 violent сrіmеѕ соmmіttеd аrоund the nation.
- Whіlе thаt wаѕ an increase frоm 2014 fіgurеѕ, thе 2015 violent crime tоtаl was 0.7 percent lоwеr than the 2011 lеvеl аnd 16.5 percent bеlоw the 2006 lеvеl.
- The еѕtіmаtеd number оf murders іn the nаtіоn wаѕ 15,696.
- Durіng thе year, thеrе wеrе an еѕtіmаtеd 90,185 rареѕ.
If you feel that the death of your loved one has suspicious circumstances surrounding the event, you may want to contact an experienced wrongful death attorney. Talking to a professional who understands the state and federal laws may help with peace of mind when dealing with the sudden death of a beloved family member. If you have any questions regarding such a loss, contact us.