R Scott Westlund
We understand the impact that a catastrophic injury or Wrongful Death can have on you and your family. As such our firm is committed to relentlessly pursuing the full measure of justice you deserve.
R. Scott Westlund is a co-founder and shareholder of Ketterman Rowland & Westlund. Mr. Westlund’s practice includes wrongful death, 18 wheeler and commercial truck cases, in addition to oilfield Injury, product liability, and insurance bad faith matters. Scott was born and raised in Austin, Texas and graduated in 1991 from the Howard Payne University Social Sciences Honors Program where he also became a four-year letterman in baseball. Scott obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 1994. While at St. Mary’s, he was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award, named outstanding Phi Alpha Delta member, and served as a teaching assistant.
For the first 11 years of his legal career, Scott focused his practice on defending corporations, the insurance industry, and their insureds. Upon forming Ketterman Rowland & Westlund in 2006, Scott transformed his practice to primarily represent individuals against corporations, the insurance industry and their insureds. Scott also achieved the status of a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum in 2007.
Every year since 2007 Scott has been voted one of “The Best Lawyers in San Antonio” as published in Scene in SA Monthly. In every year since 2008 Scott has received an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating a lawyer can achieve for their demonstrated legal ability and ethical standards.
Scott has been selected by his peers as a Texas “Super Lawyer” by Thompson Reuters, an honor reserved for the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the State of Texas. Scott is licensed to practice law in Texas, Federal and State District Courts. He is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association, the Texas Bar Association, the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. Scott and his wife, Becky, have been married since 1996 and have three children, Brady, Cassidy and Kyler. Scott and his family are active in their community and Trinity Baptist Church where they have been members since 1996.
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Who’s Who Among American Universities by American Biographical Publications (1991)
- American Jurisprudence Award Winner (1991)
- Outstanding member, Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity (1994)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Awarded as Lifetime Member 2007)
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio: SA Monthly (2007-present
- Martindale-Hubbell Highest Rating: “AV” rating (2008-present)
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thompson Reuters: Peer Reviewed, (2011-present)
- B.S., History/Political Science, Social Sciences Honors Program, Howard
- Payne University, Brownwood (1991)
- J.D., St. Mary’s Law School (1994)
Admitted to the Bar
- State Bar of Texas (1994)
- Federal Bar (1994)
Contact R Scott Westlund