Details of the Murder
Reported by the Houston Chronicle, on the afternoon of June 14, 2017, 10-month-old Messiah Marshall was shot and killed. The father, Nigel Marshall, was out walking the baby near the Nob Hill Apartments on North Braeswood when three men appeared, firing bullets. Jarod Balogun, 24, is suspected to be one of the shooters and is behind bars. Another suspect is in custody.
If convicted, the perpetrators will be facing capital murder charges and life in prison, or the death penalty.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
Wrongful Death Attorney
The above story is almost too horrible to be true. The father was just walking with his son, a task he probably did regularly, when all of a sudden, his baby’s life was taken from him. The perpetrators are behind bars, but that will never erase the pain they did to the father. If you or a loved one have ever been affected by a wrongful death, do not hesitate to call our law offices today for a case consultation.