Laborer Dies Due to Workplace Accident
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported on June 26, 2017, that a worker who was cleaning a hot tub at an apartment complex in Fort Worth Texas was electrocuted Monday afternoon.
Police Officers were dispatched about 12:30 p.m. to the 4500 block of Drake Lane, where the victim was working at the Summer Brook Apartments. The laborer was cleaning the hot tub next to the main pool when “somehow he was electrocuted,” said officer Daniel Segura, a police spokesman. Co-worker’s told firefighters that the man was near a pump when the accident happened, said Lt. Kyle Clay, a fire department spokesman.
The victim and his coworker had cut power to the pump. When the coworker turned the power back on, he heard the man yell and then found him lying in a nearby canal, Clay said.
Statistics for Fatal and Non-Fatal Occupational Injuries, Texas, 2015
Source: Texas Department of Insurance
- In 2015 A total of 527 people died due to Workforce Injuries.
- Of the 527 people, 431 were waged or salary employees.
- The remaining 96 percent injured were self-employed.
- 22 of the people killed in 2015 due to workforce injuries were women.
- The other 505 people who died due to a workforce accident were men.
- A total of 256 people reported non-fatal workforce injuries.
- 62 people had to spend time away from work due to injuries.
- 70 people had to work with restrictions or be transferred to another job within the company due to injuries.
- The numbers for non-fatal injuries seems very low. Perhaps many workplace injuries are not reported to the state out of fear of state intervention or go unreported for some other reason.
San Antonio Workplace Accident Attorney
This is truly a tragic story. A man went to a job site to earn his daily wage and lost his life. This is very unfair that he lost his life in the process of working to earn a living for himself and possibly his family. Someone may be held responsible for this horrible accident.
If you have lost a loved one in a work-related accident, please do not hesitate to call our offices today.