NBCDFW– Irving police say Alejandro Cabrera, 20, will be charged with murder in the hit-and-run death of a man that happened on Friday morning. At about 10:35 a.m., police responded to a hit-and-run crash in the 1500 Block of N. Union Bower Road.
Police say Cabrera and the victim, Alejandro Rodriguez, 34, had gotten into an altercation, which led to Cabrera hitting Rodriguez with his vehicle. Rodriguez was taken to Parkland Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Cabrera fled the scene, but police took him into custody.
Cabrera is now in the Irving Municipal Jail and will be arraigned on a murder charge.
It is awful what happened to the victim. No matter what the fight was about, there was no need for the person to get run over by a car. This horrible story highlights the damage that the human body can sustain when it is hit by a car. Bones will break and the body will suffer trauma that is hard for the body to recover from. Many people are hit by cars. Some on purpose like in this story. Others, however, are not on purpose and are the result of a horrible accident. Accidents that could be avoided if both parties were simply paying attention. When you are driving an automobile, you must stay alert and watch for pedestrians. On the other side of the same token, when you are walking along, or crossing a street you must pay attention for driver who may become distracted. If we all pay attention while on the road, both inside a car, and on foot, then our highways and bi-ways will be much safer places.
2015 Pеdеѕtrіаn Fаtаlіtіеѕ
Aссоrdіng tо National Center for Statistics and Analysis
- Pedestrian fаtаlіtіеѕ іnсrеаѕеd bу 466, a 9.5-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе.
- Thе 2015 реdеѕtrіаn fаtаlіtу соunt (5,376) іѕ thе hіghеѕt numbеr ѕіnсе 1996.
- Pеdаlсусlіѕt fаtаlіtіеѕ іnсrеаѕеd bу 89, a 12.2-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе.
- Thе 2015 реdаlсусlіѕt fаtаlіtу соunt (818) іѕ thе hіghеѕt numbеr ѕіnсе 1995.
- Thе numbеr of реорlе іnjurеd іnсrеаѕеd bу 105,000, a statistically ѕіgnіfісаnt 4.5-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе.
- Numbеr оf раѕѕеngеr vеhісlе occupants іnjurеd іnсrеаѕеd 107,000, a 5.2-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе.
- Pеdеѕtrіаnѕ іnjurеd іnсrеаѕеd bу 5,000, a 7.7-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе.
- Pеdеѕtrіаn fаtаlіtіеѕ іnсrеаѕеd bу 466 (а 9.5-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе), аnd аrе аt thеіr highest numbеr ѕіnсе 1996.
- Pеdаlсусlіѕt fаtаlіtіеѕ increased bу 89 (а 12.2-реrсеnt іnсrеаѕе), аnd аrе аt thеіr hіghеѕt lеvеl ѕіnсе 1995.
San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney
Sometimes, no matter if a pedestrian takes all of the necessary precautions, there is still a chance they will be hit by a car. If the victim is lucky enough to survive they are riddled with enormous hospital bills. This is very unfair to the victim as they did nothing to deserve to be ruined financially due to hospital debt. Unfortunately, as the stats above show, it is not uncommon for people to be killed when struck by a car, which means that many are injured every year. If you have been injured due to someone’s negligence, please do not hesitate and give our office a call.