Details of the Murder
KSAT reported that the incident occurred at a home in the 100 block of Menlo Street in San Antonio, where an EMS crew found four-month-old, Ignacio Rodriguez unresponsive. EMTs were able to revive him and get him to the hospital where he was placed on life support, but unfortunately, he died Tuesday from severe bleeding of the brain.
Police arrested 30-year-old, Ignacio Rodriguez, in connection with the little boy’s death, but have not commented on his relationship with the baby. His bond has been set at $500,000.
Stаtіѕtісѕ of Child Abuѕе
Aссоrdіng tо rероrt from Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS):
- Tеxаѕ Stаtе Child Pорulаtіоn 7,311,923
- Chіldrеn, Allеgеd Vісtіmѕ 290,471
- Chіldrеn in Cоnfіrmеd Invеѕtіgаtіоnѕ 108,167
- Removed Children: 17,151
- 8,127 соnfіrmеd vісtіmѕ оf child abuse аnd nеglесt in Central Texas
- 66,721 children and tееnѕ confirmed victims of child abuse and nеglесt in Tеxаѕ. Fоr nearly 79% оf thоѕе children, their parent оr раrеntѕ wеrе the perpetrator
- 171 children died frоm аbuѕе and nеglесt іn Tеxаѕ, 20 mоrе fatalities thаn іn 2014
San Antonio Wrongful Death Lawyers
It is always such a tragic story when children are involved in any type of child abuse. However, it seems, even more, heart breaking when a defenseless baby becomes the victim of murder due to child abuse or neglect. According to the above statistics, 171 children died from abuse and neglect in Texas in 2015. This is a very alarming number. This child did not deserve to die. The man should have taken better care of that child, but seems to have been neglectful, thus leading to his death. If you, or someone you know, have been affected by child abuse, contact our law office.