Details of the Incident
According to KSAT, San Antonio police responded to a call about shots fired near the intersection of Amanda Street and Martin Luther King Drive around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday.
When police arrived, they found a blue car with what was reported to have had 30 to 40 shots fired at it. Inside was the dead body of a man.
Even though the incident occurred right outside of a convenient store, police say there were no witnesses. Officers have opened a full investigation into this matter, and with any luck, someone will come forward with some information.
The identity of the victim has not yet been released.
2014 Crime Facts at a Glance According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
San Antonio Wrongful Death Lawyers
Violence is so prevalent throughout our society, especially in particular areas where gang activity is high. Violence, however, is making its way out of the inner city areas and affecting all sectors of society on a more regular basis. People are being attacked while walking through mall parking lots, pumping gas at gas stations, and even while watching movies in theaters. It is unknown at this time the reason why the man in the above story was shot and killed. Maybe he was targeted, or maybe it was a random drive by, but the shooting did result in a wrongful death, and his family will in no doubt be seeking closure. If you have been affected by a wrongful death and are seeking legal advice, please contact our law office.