Reported by abc13, two women got into a fight on the freeway after one woman rear-ended another woman then jumped out of her car and began hitting the other woman with her fists, witnesses say. The incident occurred on Little York near the Eastex Freeway.
If that isn’t bad enough, while the one woman was hitting the other woman, a video taken by a witness shows a man run by and jump in the vacant car and drive off. So the woman who rear-ended the other woman and then proceeded to get out and punch the woman she hit, got her car stolen by an unknown man.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and also feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims as well as 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney
Despite the irony in this story, two crimes were committed. One was assault by one of the women, and the other was the theft of her car. Road rage is very dangerous and can result in a variety of criminal outcomes as in this story. If you, or someone you know, have been a victim of a road rage incident that resulted in personal injury, please contact our law office.