San Antonio ICE Agent to Face Felony Charges of Assault and Burglary
According to www.ksat.com, Cesar Rosa, 37, is being charged with a second-degree felony of burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit assault.
Rosa, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agent assigned to San Antonio is being accused of breaking into a home in the 10100 block of Bastrop Creek around 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
A background check revealed that the home was Rosa’s former residence. Police say they have enough evidence to charge Rosa. The current residents of the home have declined to comment on the incident.
It would be terrifying to be at home minding your own business, enjoying your morning when someone breaks into your home and tries to assault you. It’s even worse when the suspect is connected to law enforcement and is suppose to uphold the law. It is unknown at this time the exact reason Rosa broke into this home, but it is very fortunate that no one was seriously injured. This situation could have taken a much more tragic turn.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
San Antonio Personal Injury Attorney
If you, or someone you love, have been the victim of a personal injury at the hands of another person and are seeking legal advice, please contact our personal injury law office today.