Many Children Die From Affects of Meth
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram recently published an expose about the dangers of methamphetamines and children. According to the article, meth and children do not mix as meth is smoked and can thus enter the body of the children. This results in the death of many children in Texas every year. The spikes and declines in childhood deaths related to meth follow the ebb and flow of drug use in Texas as a whole.
Cooks children’s hospital reported that out of 191 children tested for drugs, 2/3 came back positive to have meth in their systems. CPS comes in and takes the children for six months while the parents are in rehab. But then after that time is up, the kids are returned to the parents, the parents relapse, and the cycle continues. The article by the Star-Telegram argues that drastic changes need to be done to the system. Breaking this cycle of neglect is important.
Stаtіѕtісѕ of Child Abuѕе
Aссоrdіng tо rероrt from TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES (DFPS):
- Tеxаѕ Stаtе Child Pорulаtіоn 7,311,923
- Chіldrеn, Allеgеd Vісtіmѕ 290,471
- Chіldrеn in Cоnfіrmеd Invеѕtіgаtіоnѕ 108,167
- Removed Children: 17,151
- 8,127 соnfіrmеd vісtіmѕ оf child abuse аnd nеglесt in Central Texas
- 66,721 children and tееnѕ confirmed victims of child abuse and nеglесt in
- Tеxаѕ, аnd fоr nearly 79% оf thоѕе children, their parent оr раrеntѕ wеrе the perpetrator
- 171 children died frоm аbuѕе and nеglесt іn Tеxаѕ, 20 mоrе fatalities thаn іn 2014
San Antonio Child Abuse Attorney
The numbers and facts that the Fort Worth Star-Telegram bring to light are very troubling. Many children are living in dangerous situations surrounded by harmful drugs. These kids did not choose this life, yet they are forced to live in these horrible conditions. This is neglect, pure and simple. These children are being exposed to harmful drugs which are and will be a great hindrance to their development. If you know of a child who is trapped in horrid living conditions, call the police immediately, and then call our law offices. We might be able to fight to get the abused child the future they deserve.