Details of the Murder
According to KSAT, a woman was sentenced to 25 years in prison for shooting and killing her ex-husband in San Antonio. The woman, Noelia Lozano, 42, pleaded guilty in March to shooting Randall Lozano multiple times in the chest over text messages from his girlfriend. The shooting took place at Lozano’s apartment in the 5500 block of TPC Parkway in San Antonio. Their 11-year-old daughter witnessed the shooting.
During sentencing, Noelia showed remorse and pleaded for a short sentence. However, according to ksat, the couple’s oldest daughter in a victim impact statement said, “the shooting tore their family apart and they will always be in mourning.”
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed using hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and also 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- There were 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were also 201,051 victims as well as 195,511 offenders.
This story is very tragic. Not only was a man killed by his jealous ex-wife, but their child watched the whole thing happen. That woman tore her own children’s family apart. A man died at the hands of someone else. Unfortunately, that happens often. If your family has suffered the effects of a loved one being killed at the hands of another, call our wrongful death lawyers today to set up a free consultation. We will see if we may be able to help you get the justice you deserve.