Worker Injured in Waterline Blowout
Man Resuscitated and Taken to Hospital
KWTX 10 reported on May 31, 2017, that a laborer working on a water line had to be rushed to the hospital after being severely injured when the line blew. The incident occurred around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of U.S. Highway 84 and Bosque Lane in front of First National Bank in McGregor, Texas.
The working crew was on site working on the water main when it suddenly blew. The worker that received the greatest injuries had to be resuscitated on the site before he was taken to the hospital. Another laborer was also injured during the incident, but his injuries were not severe. At this time, the condition of the worker who was injured is not known.
Statistics for Fatal and Non-Fatal Occupational Injuries, Texas, 2015
Source: Texas Department of Insurance
- In 2015 A total of 527 people died due to Workforce Injuries.
- Of the 527 people, 431 were waged or salary employees.
- The remaining 96 percent injured were self-employed.
- 22 of the people killed in 2015 due to workforce injuries were women.
- The other 505 people who died due to a workforce accident were men.
- A total of 256 people reported non-fatal workforce injuries.
- 62 people had to spend time away from work due to injuries.
- 70 people had to work with restrictions or be transferred to another job within the company due to injuries.
- The numbers for non-fatal injuries seems very low. Perhaps many workplace injuries are not reported to the state out of fear of state intervention or go unreported for some other reason.
San Antonio Workplace Injury Attorney
The laborer, in this case, is lucky to be alive. As the statistics above show, many more deaths are reported than injuries. Regardless, this is still a tragic ordeal which might leave the working man burdened with hospital bills. As a worker, you trade in your life for a wage to a company. Yet, you are the first one to be hurt or injured. Does the company take care of you? Sometimes companies only care about their self-interest and preservation. That means that the company might try to avoid taking care of you after being injured while working for that company. If you have been severely injured or lost a loved one due to a work injury, please do not delay and give our offices a call.