Car Crashes into San Antonio Dry-Cleaners
According to KSAT, on July 14th, 2017, a car crashed into the front of a dry-cleaning business on the Northwest Side. This happened around 2 pm on Friday afternoon in the 1800 block of Vance Jackson Road. The police say that the driver was trying to park in the parking lot when she slammed into the building. There were people inside the USAVE Dry Cleaners, but no one was hurt. The 70-year-old driver told the police that her brakes failed. No information was given if any citations were issued.
Car and Work Accidents
Most employees who walk into work may not think about what they should do if someone runs a car into their work building. It may be unknown why the breaks failed, but I doubt she woke up that morning wondering what she would do if she ran into a building. So, it seems that you just never really know what life is going to hand you. Life is full of twists and turns and dry-cleaners and 70-year-old ladies.
Cars can have problems that occur over time, or they can have design flaws that malfunction in a way that endangers the drivers and other people. No matter what the reason for the brake failure, everyone is lucky to have escaped this precarious situation unharmed.
On the Jоb Aссіdеnt Stаtіѕtісѕ
The following іnfоrmаtіоn іѕ рrоvіdеd bу (OSHA):
- On аvеrаgе, mоrе thаn 92 workers аrе kіllеd every wееk, оr 13 dеаthѕ реr dау.
- Worker dеаthѕ іn America аrе down оn аvеrаgе, from аbоut 39 wоrkеr dеаthѕ per day іn 1970 tо 13 a dау іn 2014.
- 4,821 wоrkеrѕ died on the jоb іn 2014.
- Onе іn five worker dеаthѕ іn 2014 wеrе іn the соnѕtruсtіоn іnduѕtrу.
- Fаtаl falls accounted fоr 359 соnѕtruсtіоn worker fаtаlіtіеѕ in 2014. The “Fаtаl Four” lеаdіng causes of рrіvаtе sector wоrkеr dеаthѕ аrе:
- Fаllѕ – 359 оut оf 899 tоtаl dеаthѕ іn соnѕtruсtіоn in 2014 (39.9%)
- Elесtrосutіоnѕ – 74 (8.2%)
- Struсk bу Object – 73 (8.1%)
- Cаught-іn/bеtwееn – 39 (4.3%)
San Antonio Work-Related Injury Attorney
You don’t ever know what life throws at you next. Many employers do not ever plan on their employees getting hurt on the job, so they don’t have workers compensation insurance since Texas does not require the insurance to be purchased. Thankfully, no one was hurt this time, but this example is not always the case. Too many times, the employees are indeed the ones hurt on the job. That is where we come in. We can help with medical bills and loss of income by seeking compensation from those who are responsible for your actions. Give us a call for a free case evaluation.