Man Pleads for Help from Inside ATM
According to KTXS, a man slipped notes to customers using the receipt slot asking for help when he became trapped inside an ATM. The contractor was changing a lock to a room that leads to the ATM. He had left his cellphone inside his truck when he discovered a problem with the lock. One note passed to customers read, “Please help. I’m stuck in here …,” then asked them to please call his boss. A customer called the police. After hearing a faint voice, an officer kicked in the door letting the man out.
Trapped in an ATM
Being surrounded by money may sound good until you are trapped with no way out. Money is only good if you can spend it, and sitting in a locked room with no way out makes all that money no good. Not that the employee was trying to take any of it. He was just trying to do his job. Thankfully this man was able to get out of the ATM without any real problems, but it definitely goes to show what could go wrong on any job.
On the Job Accident Statistics
The following іnfоrmаtіоn іѕ рrоvіdеd bу (OSHA):
- On аvеrаgе, mоrе thаn 92 workers аrе kіllеd every wееk, оr 13 dеаthѕ реr dау.
- Worker dеаthѕ іn America аrе down оn аvеrаgе from аbоut 39 wоrkеr dеаthѕ per day іn 1970 tо 13 a dау іn 2014.
- 4,821 wоrkеrѕ died on the jоb іn 2014.
- Onе іn five worker dеаthѕ іn 2014 wеrе іn the соnѕtruсtіоn іnduѕtrу.
- Fаtаl falls accounted fоr 359 соnѕtruсtіоn worker fаtаlіtіеѕ in 2014. The “Fаtаl Four” lеаdіng causes of рrіvаtе sector wоrkеr dеаthѕ аrе:
- Fаllѕ – 359 оut оf 899 tоtаl dеаthѕ іn соnѕtruсtіоn in 2014 (39.9%)
- Elесtrосutіоnѕ – 74 (8.2%)
- Struсk bу Object – 73 (8.1%)
- Cаught-іn/bеtwееn – 39 (4.3%)
San Antonio Work Accident Lawyers
It’s not every day we hear of an on-the-job accident that has the potential to make a person giggle. The story could have been much worse, in all honesty. This man was very lucky. Some people have become stuck in confined spaces and lost their lives in the process. Most on-the-job accidents don’t go so smoothly. In fact, most of them end up with people needing professional help to get through. That is where we come in. If you are not as lucky as this man and need help to get through an on-the-job injury, give us a call. Let us offer you a free consultation.