Murder Suspects Apprehended
Reported by mySA, Tyrese Franklin, 17, of San Antonio just graduated from high school in March and was fatally shot Friday in Spring Branch, Texas.
The incident occurred in the 10300 block of Rebecca Creek Road around 11:30 p.m. Franklin was a passenger in a Nissan Sentra when he was shot. The driver took him to the 3300 block of Tanglewood Trail where Franklin was pronounced dead.
Police say the suspects have been identified but have not released names or even if they have been arrested as of yet.
Franklin was well loved by friends and family and was the oldest child of seven.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims and 19,821 offenders.
San Antonio Wrongful Death Lawyers
This is such a tragic story for such a young, ambitious young man. It is unclear if Franklin was the target or just had the misfortune of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but that doesn’t stop his family from feeling the heavy loss. This seems to have been just a senseless killing, and the family is going to want answers. If you, or anyone you know, have been affected by a wrongful death and are seeking legal advice, please contact our San Antonio wrongful death lawyers today.