Spending time on the water or around a boat can be joyful, unless you or a loved one is injured in a boating accident. When the negligent actions of a boat operator are the cause of those injuries, our first concern is that you are receiving proper medical treatment. Restoring your health and wellbeing is our goal here at Ketterman Rowland & Westlund. That is why we work to get fair and full compensation for your losses from a watercraft or water-related accident. We are here for you. Simply schedule an appointment for your free initial consultation.
Ketterman Rowland & Westlund are experienced attorneys who take a results-based approach.
- GATHER EVIDENCE AND CONTACT WITNESSES
- THOROUGHLY PREPARE FACTS OF THE CASE
- EXPLAIN YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
- Settlement negotiating
- EXPERTLY DEAL WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES
- GIVE YOU THE BEST SHOT AT FULL COMPENSATION
Experienced in Boating Accident Injury Claims
Claims must be filed right away in order to recover damages and this should be done by an experienced legal firm. It is wise to file a boating accident report with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Office, as well (it may also be required, in some cases). The attorneys of Ketterman Rowland & Westlund have prepared numerous boating accident injury cases for clients in Texas and other states. We know how to obtain the evidence that wins cases, how to “read” judges and juries, and how to achieve the best outcome for you.
Boating Accident Types and Causes
The U.S. Coast Guard reported that while boating fatalities and injuries decreased in 2021, alcohol was still the main factor in boating fatalities nationwide. The attorneys at KRW are skilled at showing that injuries were the result of reckless or distracted behavior by someone responsible for operating the boat.
Causes of boating accidents include:
- Boat operator not paying attention
- The operator is inexperienced
- Improper lookout
- Defective equipment or mechanical failure
- Excessive speed
These are common types of boating and water-related accidents:
- Collisions with other boats or objects, like docks
- Swimmers injured by propellers
- Boats hitting swimmers or water skiers
- Boat capsizes or a passenger falls overboard, often due to excessive speed
Collecting the Evidence
Photos, statements from witnesses, and reports from experts about the boat’s condition are important to your boating accident case. KRW’s attorneys are experts in collecting evidence and using it to make a strong case for your right to recover damages for your injuries.
- Tracking down parties involved and taking sworn statements
- Coordinating with local law enforcement for reports
- Reviewing photos or videos from the accident and its aftermath
- Analyzing data from the boat’s navigational equipment and devices
- Collecting information about the condition of the boat before and after the accident
Take the Next Step – Contact Us Today
You are entitled to seek damages for your losses, which may include physical pain and suffering. Loss of income because you are unable to work. Medical expenses not covered by insurance, or physical therapy and rehabilitation. You may experience emotional or mental issues due to the boating accident. The best way to find out what to expect and how to recover compensation for your losses is to speak to the attorneys at KRW. We are on your side, working hard to get results for you and your loved ones. Boating accident cases are handled on a contingent-fee basis – we do not charge unless we receive compensation for your losses.