KRW San Antonio Injury Lawyers
- An accident can lead to temporary and permanent impairment, in the form of physical and emotional suffering
- Our Personal Injury Attorneys will help you determine if you are entitled to compensation after suffering an injury
- There are a number of categories related to Personal Injury – from auto accidents to on-the-job injuries
- You must act quickly, because some Personal Injury claims can be waived if filing deadlines are missed
- At Ketterman Rowland & Westlund, we offer a free Personal Injury consultation anytime and anyplace
You’ve Been Injured in an Accident – What’s Next?
In the blink of an eye, your entire world can be turned upside down. A careless driver, unsafe working conditions, or even a defective product can cause you suffering that could last for the rest of your life.
- You’ve Been Injured in an Accident – What’s Next?
- Our San Antonio Personal Injury Attorneys Explain Settlements
- Some aspects of pain and suffering that can accompany an injury case include:
- Personal Injury Categories
- Contact Our Injury Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
- Is There is a Time Limit to File Personal Injury Lawsuits in the State of Texas?
- Who is Liable for My Personal Injury if I Get Bit by a Dog?
- How Much Money Can I Sue For?
- What is Shared Fault?
- Personal Injury Lawyer San Antonio
Suffering an accident can leave your body broken and incapacitated – unable to work or enjoy the daily pleasures that bring meaning to your life. You could face years of therapy, permanent disfigurement, and severe emotional injury that may never go away.
Fortunately, the law provides a means of seeking compensation in cases involving injury. Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to seek a settlement that includes monetary compensation for:
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
For many victims, a settlement is the only means they have to get their life back on track. Some injuries last a lifetime, so compensable impairment damages seek to reasonably anticipate how a particular injury will affect a person in the future, or even for the rest of their life.
If you’ve been injured in a accident, now is the time to talk to a San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyer from Ketterman Rowland & Westlund. Our extensive experience handling sensitive cases will be put to work on your behalf, so that we can work together to maximize your settlement while you focus on putting your body and life back together.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Attorneys Explain Settlements
While compensation in the form of lost wages and medical bills is relatively straightforward, many people are confused by what constitutes pain and suffering. When your injured, it can have lasting physical or psychological effects, oftentimes a settlement must be reached well before healing has taken place. There are even situations where a full recovery is impossible.
This is why utilizing the professional experience of a San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyer is so vital. Understanding how a permanent injury or scarring may be equated to a dollar amount is not an easy task, but the court will consider how the disfigurement will hinder a person’s life based on a variety of factors like their age and how bad you were injured is to their lifestyle.
Some aspects of pain and suffering that can accompany an injury case include:
- Suffering after an accident may last days or for the rest of your life. Severe injuries can lead to emotional scarring and even permanent mental conditions and disorders.
- Physical Impairment may also be temporary or permanent. Depending on the severity of your Personal Injury, you may not be able to carry on with work or other daily activities.
- Scarring and Disfigurement of the body can be localized or affect the entire body. Scarring can lead to emotional distress and disfigurement may make it impossible for a person to restore their previous lifestyle, and this is especially true in Personal Injury cases involving amputation
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Attorneys will seek compensation for pain and suffering in any circumstance where these topics apply. Compensable impairment damages may apply to suffering experienced days after an accident, to what can be reasonably anticipated in the future. Compensable damages may range from minor to catastrophic. San Antonio Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal Injury Categories
There are few situations involving accidents that our San Antonio Personal Injury Attorneys haven’t heard of, but the list of categories seems almost endless. The best way to determine if you have a case is to speak directly with a San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyer without delay. However, what follows is a brief overview of some of the more common situations.
- Auto Accidents – Personal injury resulting from a car accident can have a devastating effect on your life. Injuries sustained in auto accidents can be minor or major, and mental anguish resulting from a crash can last for years. See also: Truck Accidents, Train Accidents
- Workplace Injury – There are many kinds of workplace accidents that could necessitate assistance from an experienced lawyer. Your company is required to keep their employees safe by employing measures and training for a safe work environment. When they fail to do so, a Personal Injury case may be your only means of seeking fair compensation.
- Slip and Fall – These are difficult Personal Injury cases to prove, so help from a professional litigator is recommended. However, when a business owner or manager is negligent, and you sustain injuries because of their carelessness, you may have justification for a slip and fall case.
- Construction Injury – This is a specific area of workplace personal injury that is relatively common due to the dangerous nature of construction work and the potential severity of injuries sustained on the job.
- Animal Attacks – Personal injury sustained by an aggressive animal can leave you scarred both physically and emotionally. The law requires people to keep their pets under control, so you shouldn’t be forced to pay for someone else’s negligence
- Defective Products – Injury sustained by faulty equipment, defective drugs, and malfunctioning machinery fall under this category. Sometimes a manufacturer is fully aware of a product’s inherent danger and allows it to be sold on the market anyway.
Contact Our Injury Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
If you’ve suffered an injury for any reason, contact one of our experienced litigators today with no risk or obligation. We offer a free case evaluation so that you can start getting some answers, and if you’re unable to travel, we will come to you.
Most cases have certain deadlines imposed, so don’t hesitate to call us immediately. Your health and financial future may hinge on the action you take at this moment, so speak with an attorney from Ketterman Rowland & Westlund who will act as your personal advocate.
Some common questions concerning personal injury cases in Texas
Is There is a Time Limit to File Personal Injury Lawsuits in the State of Texas?
Every state in the US imposes statutory limits on the amount of time you can take before filing a lawsuit in court after suffering personal injury. In Texas, you have two years from the time of your injury to file your case. For this reason, it’s important to speak with a San Antonio personal injury lawyer as soon as possible, otherwise your right to seek compensation in court may be lost.
Who is Liable for My Personal Injury if I Get Bit by a Dog?
If you are bitten by a dog, the owner of the dog is responsible. However, Texas law outlines a “one bite” rule, which basically means the dog gets one “free” bite, before the owner becomes liable for the bite. However, this rule is ambiguous, because if an owner knows that their dog’s breed is considered dangerous, they could be liable. Also, if the dog recently underwent surgery, it may be considered dangerous. So, if they failed to warn the party that was bitten, they could be held legally responsible.
If you’re curious whether your dog bite situation qualifies for a lawsuit, simply contact one of our San Antonio personal injury attorneys for a free consultation.
How Much Money Can I Sue For?
In the state of Texas, limits on damages only apply to medical malpractice situations, and these cases are quite complex. If your situation involves anything other than medical malpractice, your lawyer will go over the various tools used to determine “fair” compensation, and other factors may also come into play, depending on the nature of your personal injury.
In the state of Texas, some personal injury defendants may argue that you are partially to blame for the accident that caused your injury. If the court agrees, the total amount of compensation you receive may be lowered by a certain percentage. Witnesses can be very important in a personal injury case. The amount of the percentage will be relative to the amount of culpability the court deems you have in the accident.
It’s likely this issue will be brought up by the defendant’s insurance company as your attorney litigates your case. If so, we will fight to protect your rights with evidence that shows the truth behind the events that led to your personal injury.