San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers
A serious accident can leave you injured, struggling, and wondering how you’ll get by. Personal injuries can permanently upend our lives, and they can take away important resources like income that we need to function from day today. When a personal injury leaves you with medical bills, pain, and emotional suffering, you have the right to file a civil action to recover compensation. It’s unfortunate, but it happens every day. When it does happen, you may already know that you’ll need compensation, but how do you get it? When insurance doesn’t apply or won’t offer a fair settlement, filing a personal injury claim may be your best option for fair compensation. Unfortunately, without experienced legal representation and assistance, it’s possible to lose some or all of the compensation you’re owed.
Don’t let this happen to you. Ketterman Rowland & Westlund can fight for you to make sure you get the full compensation you deserve after a serious injury.
Here is how Ketterman Rowland & Westlund Fight for You:
- Apply years of experience to your case
- Manage communication for you
- Expert negotiating with insurance companies and attorneys
- Court filings and case management
- Statistics and research
Personal Injury Claims
So, what exactly is a personal injury? These are injuries that you likely wouldn’t have suffered if another person had been careful to avoid harming you. Unsure of where your claim falls when it comes to personal injury? The following list describes some of the more common types of personal injury claims we see:
Automotive Accidents – When a collision involving a car, motorcycle, or truck injures you, you may need help communicating with your insurance company to get the settlement you need. If insurance is not willing to help you, it might be time to escalate your claim further
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
Negligence– Whether you were involved in an accident that made you end up in the hospital or you are a victim of doctor negligence, you are entitled to compensations for your injuries or injuries a loved one endured.
Premise Liability – Premises liability may range from things from “injuries caused by a variety of hazardous conditions, including open excavations, uneven pavement, standing water, crumbling curbs, wet floors, uncleared snow, icy walks, falling objects, inadequate security, insufficient lighting, concealed holes, improperly secured mats, or defects in chairs or benches”. Premises liability law is the body of law which makes the person who is in possession of land or premises responsible for certain injuries suffered by persons who are present on the premises. ((Larson, Aaron (17 January 2015). “Premises Liability Law”. ExpertLaw.com. Retrieved 24 August 2017.))
- Slip and Fall
- Dog Attacks
Other Personal Injury Claim Types – While auto accidents are perhaps the greatest cause of injury in Texas, they are by no means the only one. Other causes of injury, which may warrant a personal injury claim, include:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective products
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist You
- Our lawyers can take the pressure off you while you focus on healing. In a personal injury case, a lawyer can handle every aspect of your claim, from gathering evidence and managing any communications, to negotiating a settlement and representing you in court. Regardless of what your claim needs, our lawyers can help.
- Our lawyers help by investigating your accident and pulling together evidence to back up your claim. Everything from medical records to expert analysis may be involved. Regardless of what your claim needs, our lawyers can fight to get it all.
- We will help manage any communications surrounding your claim. During a personal injury claim, you may be contacted by third-parties, authorities, insurance companies, and many others. This can be overwhelming, but we can act as an intermediary, allowing you to relax and recover knowing that a professional is protecting your interests.
- We will also assist with negotiations overcompensation. In some injury cases, those responsible for your injuries may be willing to settle – but for as little money as they can get away with. You need an attorney will to fight for what you really deserve. Negotiations can be very complex and very involved, so it’s important to have a seasoned negotiator on your side who knows the process. A lawyer can provide the negotiation skills and strength that your claim needs.
- One final way that we can take the pressure off you is by handling any courtroom work related to your claim. In some cases, a claim may need to go to court to secure appropriate compensation. Our lawyers know what the process involves and can take care of any court filings, arguments, and legal strategy that you claim needs. A court case can be a stressful experience, but our attorneys can bear that burden for you.
Questions You Might Have
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
After an injury or accident, filing a personal injury claim may seem unnecessary. However, getting the compensation you deserve might be more difficult than you assume. Insurance companies may deny your claim, and medical bills can pile up. Without appropriate legal representation, you may be stuck with costs that you cannot afford. This is where a personal injury attorney can help.
What Damages Can I Receive?
The purpose of damages in personal injury cases is to compensate the injured party. In some cases, it can be challenging to assign a dollar amount. Money can’t “fix” most injuries. But, the goal is to try and minimize any future ramifications of the event.
What Type of Injuries Can I Receive Compensation?
Depending on the event and type of injury, the different types of damages include:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Emotional Distress
- Punitive Damages
- Pain & Suffering
How Much Compensation Will I Receive?
The easiest damages to calculate the value of will be your economic damages. This category includes any financial losses you’ve suffered because of your accident—both current and future. Include your medical expenses, lost wages, any property damage, and any other economic costs tied to your injuries. These damages are usually determined by adding the costs together and estimating future expenses.
Noneconomic damages, on the other hand, are paid for intangible losses. These losses included mental anguish, as well as physical pain and suffering. If the injury has resulted in severe impairment, family members may even recover damages for loss of companionship.
Call Ketterman Rowland & Westlund Today
Texas has a statute of limitations on personal injury claims of two years. This limits the amount of time you have to take legal action on your injury. If you do not file a claim within this time limit, you can lose the ability to receive compensation as a result. Contact a personal injury lawyer right away before its too late.
With our extensive experience, we have always fought for the best possible outcome for our clients. Ketterman Rowland & Westlund is prepared to work with you to get the results you deserve. If you have experienced a serious personal injury due to the negligence or intentional actions of another, you may be eligible to file a claim.
We encourage you to explore your options with a personal injury attorney from our firm. Get started today with a free consultation. Call 855-569-7767.
Learn More About Our Personal Injury Services Below
- Types of Personal Injuries
- Your Hit and Run Accident Questions Answered
- It’s Time to Get a Workers’ Comp Lawyer
- The Right Process After Getting Injured at Work
- What Is the Process for a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- 8 Questions You Should Ask A Personal Injury Lawyer
- Common Kinds of Personal Injury
- Statute of Limitations
- Selecting a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Burn Injuries
- Mass Tort