San Antonio Head-On Collision Attorneys
Wrong-way drivers are among the most deadly and dangerous on the road. Many head-on collisions are caused because reckless or intoxicated drivers fail to use proper judgment and end up driving on the wrong side of a highway or swerving across the center lane into oncoming traffic.
If this has happened to you or someone you love in or around the San Antonio area, call Ketterman Rowland & Westlund. Our experienced San Antonio head-on collision lawyers are seasoned litigators who aren’t afraid to tackle tough cases for our clients. So give us a call for a free consultation now.
What to Do After an Accident Caused by a Wrong-Way Driver
After a head-on collision, there are several key steps you should take to protect your rights. Here’s what you need to do:
- Call 911 – You should report your accident to law enforcement so they can investigate the crash and file a detailed accident report. They may also decide to arrest or ticket the driver who caused your crash.
- Try to get important information from the scene – This may include photos of the vehicles and your injuries, as well as contact information for any witnesses. It may help to write down what you remember about the crash and draw a diagram showing how it happened.
- Get medical care – Another tough decision is whether to go to the hospital. A lot of seriously injured people make the mistake of thinking their injuries are not that severe. This may lead them to not seek medical care or to take chances with their cases. Rest assured that getting medical care is always the best option. If you are fine, you’ll find out. If not, your injuries will be documented clearly.
- Follow medical advice – Another big mistake people make is not listening to their doctors. They go back to work before they are ready, they lift heavy objects against medical advice, and they end up re-injuring themselves. It’s best to listen to your doctor and discuss concerns with your attorney.
- Contact a lawyer immediately – One of the hardest aspects of many auto accident cases is proving who is at fault. Whether the accident happened on a rural road in hill country or a two-lane road in or around San Antonio, it might be tough to prove who caused the crash. Maybe it’s a he-said/she-said, or maybe the other driver is claiming you were the one who crossed the center-line. The sooner you work with a lawyer, the sooner we can get investigators on the scene and start talking to witnesses to identify the true causes of the crash.
Recovering Damages After a Head-On Collision
Compensation is more than just a phrase lawyers use. It’s the way the law makes up for harm. If you are injured or lose something due to someone else’s wrongdoing, the law says that wrongdoer should make it right. Your damages (or losses) should be reimbursed.
Of course, it can be hard to put a price tag on physical pain, emotional anxiety or distress, or major changes in how you live your life. However, the skilled lawyers at Ketterman Rowland & Westlund may be able to help you build a solid case for compensation. You may be able to seek:
- Money to pay for medical bills
- Money to pay for future medical expenses
- Reimbursement for your lost wages
- Compensation to account for reduced earning capacity in the future
- Money to make up for your physical pain and suffering
- Money to compensate for permanent disabilities or disfigurement
Please call us now to discuss the details of your head-on crash in San Antonio, and learn what types of compensation you may be entitled to receive.
How Our San Antonio Head-On Collision Lawyers Can Help
Upon contacting Ketterman Rowland & Westlund, you’ll immediately notice that you likely begin to relax a bit. Sometimes just knowing that you are working with highly skilled and experienced advocates can make you feel better. Our team will take over and help you with:
- Researching and investigating the facts – You don’t need to worry about collecting evidence, requesting medical records, or dealing with crash scene investigations. We take care of all of that.
- Managing all settlement negotiations – You will not have to deal with insurance adjusters or negotiate your own settlement. We have attorneys who do this all the time and are familiar with the tricks and tactics insurance adjusters use. We will manage all communication with the insurer related to your claim.
- Litigating your case – Many times insurance companies will quickly settle a claim when they realize you have a lawyer who isn’t afraid to try cases in front of a jury. There is a subtle skill and art to successfully litigating cases. It requires strategy, care, and a high degree of higher-level thinking. If your case needs to go to trial, you need a lawyer who knows what he or she is doing. Our San Antonio car accident attorneys have successful tried many cases to verdict.
- Resolving liens and government reimbursements – You should not have to deal with Medicare, Medicaid, private health insurance liens, or medical debt collections. We have trained staff who will carefully review your medical charts, billing statements, explanations of benefits, and any applicable liens. We do this to help you maximize your recovery, while also protecting your interests and helping you avoid problems later.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions tend to happen for a few basic reasons. These include:
- Drunk or drugged drivers – Impaired Texas drivers cause many head-on crashes by simply lacking the judgment and reaction time to stay on their own side of the road. Some severely intoxicated drivers may even get on a highway going the wrong way and strike innocent people in the wrong lane.
- Unfamiliar areas – Drivers who are not familiar with San Antonio may accidentally get in the wrong lane of traffic, get on a highway going the wrong direction, or turn down a one-way road incorrectly.
- Distractions – Finally, some drivers may be distracted by their cellphones or other electronic devices, leading them to look down and divert attention off the road. This can lead to crossing the center line, especially around turns.
Although wrong-way drivers can cause serious or fatal collisions, an experienced head-on collision lawyer from Ketterman Rowland & Westlund may be able to help you and your family demand the justice and compensation that you deserve.
Contact Our Texas Head-On Collision Attorneys Now
If you have been hurt in a wrong-way driver collision or lost a loved one in a fatal head-on accident near San Antonio, don’t risk losing your right to recover money to pay medical bills or reimburse lost income. Call or visit us online today to schedule a free initial consultation with one of the skilled and compassionate attorneys from Ketterman Rowland & Westlund.
For decades, our car accident attorneys have proven themselves to be creative and powerful litigators with a particular talent for recovering maximum compensation for their clients. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.