Amanda Tafolla, 19, was arrested Saturday in connection to the August 30th robbery of a man in the 2400 block of Oak Hill Drive, mySA reported.
According to her affidavit, Tafolla began communicating with the victim on a social media site, and they agreed to meet in person. The agreed meeting place was at the Ingram Ranch Apartments. As the victim, a 34-year-old man, arrived, he greeted Tafolla and was immediately confronted by a man who was armed and demanded his wallet and cell phone. Another suspect took the victim’s car keys and unlocked his car while two more suspects rummaged through his car and took what they could find.
After the robbery, they gave the victim his car keys back, and all five suspects fled the scene. The victim drove to a nearby Walgreens where he called the police, who immediately opened an investigation.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014 According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and also feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent also involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims as well as 195,511 offenders.
- There were 18,756 sexual assault incidents reported with 19,834 victims as well as 19,821 offenders.
San Antonio Wrongful Death Lawyers
Fortunately for the victim, these suspects just wanted to rob him. This situation could have turned volatile, like robberies often do, if the victim had tried to fight back. The suspects also could have realized they did not want to leave any witnesses. The victim was heavily outnumbered, and the assailants were armed which can be a deadly combination. If you, or someone you know, have been affected by a wrongful death such as a robbery and are seeking legal advice, please contact our law office today.