Three Arrested in Home Invasion
According to KSAT12, three people were arrested following a home invasion. San Antonio police officials said two park police in the area responded to the call around 11 p.m. at a house on West Salinas and North Richter streets. Police said the suspects were inside the home when the officers arrived and ran out the back. One of the suspects fired a shot at park police, but no one was hit, police said. Police used the SAPD Eagle helicopter to find the suspects and take them into custody. Paramedics were called to the scene because a police officer who was chasing after the runners fell and hit his head while climbing a fence. He was transported to Downtown Baptist Medical Center.
This situation could have been much worse. One of the suspects had a gun and fired at the police officers, but fortunately, no one was shot. The suspects were more interested in fleeing the scene. It is unfortunate that an officer was injured, but it is good that the officer did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
On-the-Jоb Aссіdеnt Stаtіѕtісѕ
Thе fоllоwіng іnfоrmаtіоn іѕ provided by thе Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- On average, more thаn 92 wоrkеrѕ аrе kіllеd еvеrу week, оr 13 dеаthѕ реr day.
- Worker deaths іn Amеrіса are dоwn оn average, frоm about 39 workers dеаthѕ реr dау іn 1970 tо 13 a day іn 2014.
- 4,821 workers died оn thе jоb in 2014.
- One іn fіvе worker dеаthѕ іn 2014 wеrе іn the соnѕtruсtіоn industry.
Crime Facts at a Glance 2014
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- There were 913,403 index crime offenses reported with a 20.3 percent clearance rate for Texas in 2014.
- The crime rate for the State of Texas was 3,392.2 index offenses for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- During 2014, Texas law enforcement officers made 878,686 arrests. Of those arrested, 6.6 percent were 16 years of age and under.
- Firearms were used in 63.3 percent of all murders reported.
- There were 65,338 aggravated assaults reported. Of these, 21.3 percent were committed by the use of hands, fists, and feet; 21.4 percent involved a knife or cutting instrument, and 24.2 percent involved a firearm.
- 185,817 family violence incidents during 2014. There were 201,051 victims and 195,511 offenders.
San Antonio Lawyers
A lot of times burglars want to avoid confrontation which is why they choose to rob homes while they think no one is there. They want to get in and get out with the valuables as quickly and quietly as possible. Things do not always go according to plan though, and just like any other criminal, these burglars will do anything they can to avoid getting caught. Sometimes this means resorting to killing whoever gets in their way. And often, officers become injured on the job in incidents other than shootings. If you or someone you know has been affected by a wrongful death due to a burglary and are seeking legal advice, contact our law office and let us help you with your options.