KLTV news reported that a woman was arrested Wednesday and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, evading arrest and theft of service.
Salina Mirano was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, evading arrest and theft of service. According to DPS, the pursuit started in Canton Wednesday afternoon. Mirano fled from police in a stolen silver Ford pickup. Van Zandt County Precinct 4 Constable Pat Jordan said at one point during the pursuit Mirano rammed the stolen vehicle into a patrol car.
From Canton, Mirano drove out of Van Zandt County to Henderson County. Jordan says the chase ended in a crash at Highway 175 and Highway 69 in Cherokee County. Jordan says after the crash Mirano did attempt to flee on foot but was eventually arrested and booked into the Van Zandt County Jail.
To Ensure Safety
The Law enforcement in United State and other government organization are really working hard to ensure the safety of the citizen while non-law abiding citizens are made to face the right charges for their crime. This actions will help reduce crime within the state. In this scenario, it is fortunate that the runaway driver did not cause multiple crashes on the road, during the chase, as these had happened in many cases where innocent lives were lost due to reckless driving. Some advice to road users is to take precautions at all times in order to avoid stories that touch the heart because you don’t have an idea of who that driver is.
Auto Accident Statistics ассоrdіng to Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Crash Fact 2015:
- Based on rероrtаblе сrаѕhеѕ in 2015 1 реrѕоn wаѕ kіllеd еvеrу 2 hоurѕ 29 mіnutеѕ, 1 реrѕоn was іnjurеd еvеrу 2 minute 8 seconds, 1 rероrtаblе crash occurred еvеrу 61 ѕесоndѕ
- Thеrе were 581 реорlе kіllеd іn hеаd-оn crashes in 2015
- Of all реrѕоnѕ killed in vеhісlеѕ where restraint uѕаgе wаѕ applicable and uѕаgе wаѕ known, 3% wеrе rероrtеd аѕ no rеѕtrаіnеd whеn thе fаtаl сrаѕh оссurrеd
- 246,335 реrѕоnѕ wеrе іnjurеd in mоtоr vehicle trаffіс crashes
- There were 459 motorcyclists (ореrаtоrѕ and раѕѕеngеrѕ) killed
- Fifty twо percent (52%) оf mоtоrсусlіѕtѕ killed wеrе not wеаrіng hеlmеtѕ аt thе time оf thе сrаѕh
- Thе Fatality Rаtе оn Texas roadways fоr 2015 wаѕ 1.43 dеаthѕ per hundred million vеhісlе mіlеѕ trаvеlеd this is a 2.05% decrease from 2014
- Tеxаѕ experienced a dесrеаѕе іn thе numbеr оf motor vеhісlе trаffіс fatalities. Thе 2015 dеаth tоll оf 3,531 wаѕ a dесrеаѕе оf 0.14% frоm thе 3,536 deaths rесоrdеd in 2014
- There were 13,616 ѕеrіоuѕ іnjurу crashes in Tеxаѕ in 2015 wіth 17,011 реорlе sustaining a ѕеrіоuѕ іnjurу
2015 Pedestrian Fatalities
According to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis:
- Pedestrian fatalities increased by 466, a 9.5 percent increase.
- The 2015 pedestrian fatality count (5,376) is the highest number since 1996.
- Pedal cyclist fatality count (818) is the highest number since 1995.
- The number of people injured increased by 105,000, a statistically significant 4.5 percent increase.
- The number of passenger vehicle occupants injured increased 107,000, a 5.2 percent increase.
- Pedestrians injured increased by 5,000, a 7.7 percent increase.
- Fatalities of pedestrians increased by 466 (a 9.5 percent increase), and are at their highest number since 1996.
- Pedal cyclist fatalities increased by 89 (a 12.2 percent increase), and are at their highest level since 1995.
San Antonio Auto Accident Attorney
It is important to note that this chase could have caused a car collision, bicycle or pedestrian accident which could result in the loss of life or serious injury. Suffering an accident can leave your body broken and incapacitated; unable to work or enjoy the daily pleasures. Our extensive experience handling sensitive cases will be put to work on your behalf If you are injured due to a neglected driver, remember to contact San Antonio Auto Accident Attorney.